Alan Cohen is a partner at Stahl, Davies, Sewell, Chavarria & Friend, LLP. He practices in the firm’s Commercial Real Estate, Renewable Energy and Construction practice groups. Alan advises clients in the development, construction, operation, financing, acquisition and sale of wind, solar and energy storage projects throughout the United States. He serves the firm’s clients by drafting and negotiating land control documents, guiding projects through title and survey review, drafting and negotiating EPC (engineering, procurement and construction), BOP (balance of plant), FEED (front end engineering design) and other design and construction agreements, and assisting in other transactional matters related to project development and financing. In his commercial real estate practice, Alan represents clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions including financing, PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) financing, purchasing, selling, title insurance, leasing, construction, and formation of partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations. Alan’s experience includes serving as in-house counsel for a Fortune 250 provider of EPC services, commercial leasing (office, retail and industrial) including tenant representation throughout North America, representation of one of the nation’s largest title insurers, and litigation in state and federal district and appellate courts in Texas and Louisiana.
Alan is a frequent contributor to the Commercial Lease Law Insider and the Commercial Tenant’s Lease Insider and he serves on the Board of Advisors of the Commercial Tenant’s Lease Insider. Alan is licensed to practice law only in Texas and Louisiana, and admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Western, Southern and Northern Districts of Texas, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana, and the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Alan received his J.D. from Louisiana State University where he was a member of the Moot Court Board and a semifinalist in the Tullis Moot Court competition. Alan received his undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Lead real estate counsel for wind, solar and energy storage developers in connection with development, financing, purchase and/or sale of wind, solar and energy storage projects totaling approximately 4 GW of capacity in Texas.
- Counsel for solar developer in negotiation of $210 million engineering, procurement and construction agreement for solar energy generating facility in Texas.
- Counsel for landlords and tenants in connection with retail, office and industrial leases throughout Texas.
- Counsel for real estate developer in connection with agreements for construction of mixed-use project consisting of 150 apartments and 7,000 SF retail.
- Counsel for purchaser of 110,000 SF and 130,000 SF office buildings in downtown Austin in connection with corporate matters, acquisition, and financing.