Tom Davies practices in Stahl, Davies, Sewell, Chavarria & Friend, LLP’s Commercial Real Estate and Renewable Energy practice groups. His wind energy law practice includes wind farm development, wind energy leases, easement, title, permitting, and survey matters. Since 2005 Tom has represented wind energy developers in wind energy projects totaling over 3,000 MW. In his commercial real estate law practice, Tom represents clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions including financing, purchasing, selling, leasing, and formation of partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations.
Tom graduated magna cum laude from Dartmouth College in 1975 and from the University of Texas School of Law with honors in 1980. Tom served as a Briefing Attorney for the Texas Supreme Court from 1980-1981. He is a member of the Austin Bar Real Estate, Solo/Small Firm, and Oil and Gas Sections. He is also a member of the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and has served on its Legislative Subcommitte. Tom served as Chair of the Legislative Coordination Committee and as a member of the Board of Directors of the Texas College of Real Estate Attorneys. He is a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and speaks Spanish. Tom has been recognized as a Top Rate Attorney by Texas Monthly magazine, one of the “Best Attorneys in Texas’ by Best Lawyers, and has received an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Represented Buyer of $31 Million office building.
- Represented REIT as Texas real estate counsel for $40 Million refinancing of office buildings.
- Represented Developer of 27 unit commercial/residential condominium project.
- Represented Seller of $10 Million and $5.3 Million self storage facilities.
- Represented Land Tenant/Developer in acquisition and development of large marina.
- Represented Tenants in negotiation of 30,000+, 18,500+, and 8,500 square foot office leases.
- Represented Developer in negotiating lot sale contracts with homebuilders for 240 and 230+ residential lots.
- Represented Sellers of $4.8 Million and $3.4 Million apartment complexes
- Represented Sellers of large multi-million dollar RV parks.
- Represented Buyer of $9 Million apartment complex.
- Represented Private Lender on $ 5.7 Million purchase money loan for the acquisition of a development tract.
- Represented small business owner in stock sale of $1.2 Million business.
- Represented investor in acquiring, developing, leasing up, and selling retail shopping center.
The lawyers of Stahl, Davies, Sewell, Chavarria & Friend, LLP, unless otherwise indicated in an individual lawyer’s biography, are not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.